How you brush your teeth matters a great deal and it’s a key message as part of #dentalhealthweek
- Squeeze a pea-sized blob of toothpaste onto a soft bristled brush.
- Brush gently using circular motions or hold still on each tooth for 3 seconds if using an electric toothbrush. If you brush too hard it can harm your gums.
- Count all 6 segments as you go; Inside, Outside & Chewing surfaces for both top and bottom.
- Pay special attention to where the tooth meets the gum. This is where plaque builds up.
- Finish by brushing your tongue to remove bacteria.
- Avoid rinsing so your toothpaste can keep working longer.
- Keep brushing for at least two minutes and do this morning and night.
- Visit us regularly for a professional clean and to prevent any problems.