GET A PROFESSIONAL SCALE & CLEAN
Professional teeth cleaning is one of the most under-estimated services that we offer. Regular scale and cleans can help to prevent and treat gum disease, bad breath and improve your overall health.
If your gums are unhealthy, they can cause lots of problems, similarly to if your teeth are unhealthy. A lack of professional and good home teeth cleaning can result in a build up of bacteria around your gums. If left untreated, your body tries to get rid of the bacteria itself, and in the process the bones and tissue holding your teeth in place are destroyed. This can result in an abscess, pain and loose teeth, which we can prevent with regular teeth cleaning!
At Fullarton Park Dental, the majority of scale and cleans are performed by a hygienist, as they have been specially trained to look after and clean your gums, as well as many other essential preventative dental services. With regular care, we can help you prevent all forms of dental disease, giving you a fresher, healthier mouth and saving you money and time from advanced problems.
At your teeth cleaning appointment, you should expect:
- Assessment of the gum disease and any necessary x-rays to look at the bone below the gums.
- Very gentle and thorough cleaning of your teeth to remove stains and disease causing plaque and tartar.
- Application of fluoride to help prevent tooth decay.
- Helpful and practical advice in home care of your teeth and gums, including lifestyle, diet and health of your body as a whole.
- A friendly, relaxed atmosphere away from the dentist drill to openly discuss any areas of dentistry and prevent many costly procedures.
- Eliminating bad tasted and breath problems, which are often associated with many dental problems.
- Advice regarding teeth whitening.