A dental hygienist is a trained dental professional whose role is to help you maintain the health of your teeth and gums, so that you can keep them problem free for a lifetime.
Today, as opposed to days gone by, you can achieve this goal with a little of our care.
Hygienists are qualified in every preventative area of dentistry and they will spend time helping you become fully aware of the health of your teeth and gums, treating any area of concern and discussing all available options to help you make educated decisions towards a healthier mouth.
Gum disease is still very prevalent in our society with 90% of us having some form of it. One type of this disease destroys the gums and bone around your teeth if left untreated and can lead to tooth loss. It is the hygienist’s responsibility to diagnose and treat this painless disease.
With regular care, we can help you prevent all forms of dental disease, giving you a fresher, healthier mouth and saving you money and time from advanced problems.
Your hygiene visit will include:
- Assessment of the gum disease and any necessary x-rays to uncover any hidden problems
- Very gentle and thorough cleaning of your teeth to remove stains and disease-causing plaque and tartar.
- Application of fluoride to help prevent tooth decay.
- Helpful and practical advice in home care of your teeth and gums, including lifestyle, diet and health of your body as a whole.
- A friendly, relaxed atmosphere away from the dentist drill to openly discuss any areas of dentistry and prevent many costly procedures.
- Eliminating bad taste and breath problems which are often associated with many dental problems.
- Advice regarding teeth whitening
All our hygienists at Fullarton Park Dental are experienced, highly skilled, and most